Last Updated: 02/04/2023
DarkScan is a product by Comtech Internet Solutions Ltd.
Our contact details
Comtech Internet Solutions Ltd.
49 Station Road, Polegate, United Kingdom, BN26 6EA
E-mail: [email protected]
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts, and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Professional information: examples include your profession, job title, career activities, employer, or other information about your past or current professional life.
- Browsing information: examples include information collected when you interact with our website, like your IP address, the specific webpages you visited, and when you accessed them.
- Website form data: any information provided by submitting a form on our website.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To express interest in our products or services.
- To sign up for or purchase our products or services.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- From Stripe, Inc. when a customer makes a payment – this can include name, email address, billing address, and payment type, but does not include the details of the payment method itself, such as bank account or credit card numbers.
We use the information that you have given us:
- To provide the customer with information, products, or services that the customer may request from us.
- To fulfil any other purpose for which a customer provides it.
- To provide a customer with notices about their account, including changes, expiration, and renewal notices.
- To verify compliance with the terms governing a customer’s use of our website or software.
- For any other purpose with the customer’s consent.
We may share this information with:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- A buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganisation, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our customers is among the assets transferred.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You can remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting [email protected].
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored.
We keep personal information for up to three years after a customer’s account is no longer active. We then dispose your information by deleting it from our databases and systems.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at [email protected].
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk